One Health Organization seeks a Resource Development Manager to work closely with the President & CEO to cultivate and manage relationships with grantmakers, individuals, and sponsors. This position will play a key role in creating a sustainable organization as One Health Organization builds awareness for its brand and leverages the power of the donor management system Bloomerang. The Resource Development Manager is committed to helping us improve the health and well-being of pets and people, and who is comfortable talking with potential donors who embrace a wide variety of beliefs about the relationships between animals and people.
About One Health Organization
At One Health Organization, our mission is to develop, sustain, and nurture healthy bonds between vulnerable populations and animals living together initially by increasing the numbers of dogs and cats owned by older adults and the disabled that receive essential veterinary and other pet care services, starting in Northeast Ohio. We envision a world in which any environment whether it’s at home, work, or play allows animals and people to interact in a healthy way. The purpose is to create sustainable, equitable, affordable healthcare systems to benefit the health of animals, people, and environments, as they relate to veterinary medicine. Eventually, the work will be conducted on a campus-like setting headquartered in Northeast Ohio. This is what inspires our efforts. And until that day comes, our work is not complete.
Inspired by keeping pets and people healthy at home, One Health Organization has helped hundreds to thousands of older adults and the disabled access the resources they need to keep their dogs and cats healthy at home in Northeast Ohio.
Overview of Specific Responsibilities
Fully manage all aspects of grants for One Health Organization. Tools available include a list of agencies to pursue, FoundationSearch, Bloomerang, Dropbox, Microsoft Office Professional, and Adobe Professional.
- Maintain a comprehensive grants calendar to track proposal/report due dates, reporting criteria, communications history, and other relevant information
- Refresh and maintain strong and compelling grant materials, reporting language, budgets and other required attachments for grant applications and reports
- Work with the Administrative Assistant to steward funders by sending acknowledgment letters, project updates, reports, and other communications
- Work with program staff to collect and report on outcomes and achievements to ensure proposal and reporting language accurately reflects activities of One Health Organization
- Ensure compliance with funder requirements, policies, and procedures
- Research, qualify, and initiate new funding opportunities
Individual Giving and Major Gifts
Manage donor-relations initiatives and lead One Health Organization stakeholders (including Executive Director and Board of Directors) to build relationships with individual donors.
- Create and implement an annual calendar of donor touch-points with a goal of keeping donors engaged with One Health Organization
- Proactively connect with major donors monthly to share program updates, news items, community impact stories and other donor-related communications opportunities
- Creatively and proactively engage the Executive Director and Board of Directors to optimize long-term relationships with donors and to explore new major gift prospects
- Oversee the acknowledgement and correspondence for all gifts and maintain complete and accurate records
Special Events and Corporate Partnerships
Manage planning, logistics, execution and follow-up for special events, including sponsor solicitation.
- Lead one (1) annual fundraising event
- Develop and manage volunteer event committees for events
- Develop sponsorship packages and solicit sponsorships
- Serve as the primary representative with community events that benefit One Health Organization
- Explore One Health Organization Ambassador program with corporate and community partners
Other Development Activities
- Update fund development plan and results monthly for development/Board meetings
- Lead volunteer development committee & Executive Director to explore new ways of increasing donor awareness and financial support
- Attend staff meetings
- Attend some Board meetings and development committee meetings
- Supervise staff, intern or volunteer to whom you delegate any of the above duties
- Develop annual and long-range goals and strategies for meeting the fund development need of the agency
- Contribute to the maintenance and accuracy of the donor management system (Bloomerang)
- Other development and programmatic duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in nonprofit management, marketing, business, communications, or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience in development, strategic communications, and/or marketing for nonprofit organizations
- Well organized and detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture
- Experience building relationships with foundation, individual and corporate donors
- A positive and authentic approach to relationship building that is motivated by the organization’s mission and a genuine investment in working to keep pets and people healthy at home
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasively to motivate and influence a wide audience of potential donors
- Knowledge of best practices of grant preparation and administration and of fundraising information resources
- Self-starter with ability to initiate and produce high-quality work in a timely manner with minimum supervision
- Flexible, calm under pressure, and able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Facility with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Experience with Bloomerang, FoundationSearch, and Dropbox software a plus
Please fill out the application form below by 5/17/2018. Application packages received by 5/9/2018 will be given priority status but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.